Sunday, February 12, 2012

OK my Right Wing Friends I have a conundrum for you.

All my ultra conservative friends I have a question for you on the rights of religion and health care.  You are upset about the health care initiative of our President mandating women's right to have contraceptive and other birth control be part of the plan for employees of a Catholic organization.  OK my Pro Life friends, the Jehovah Witness's feel the same about blood transfusions.  They want to opt out of that being mandated by the health care laws.  I am sure you have no problem with that? Right? Religious freedom from government laws should be the primary issue here.  Yet without that blood transfusion a child might die, oops.... What to do?  Pro Life or Pro Choice?  This was in Robyn Blumner's editorial in the Tampa Bay Times and it opens a huge hole in the discussion.  I look for your wisdom here my friends?  Save a life or save the rights?

No comments:

Post a Comment